It is always best to have a set routine when publishing a post. This means that you totally ensure that your post is ready for readers to view it. I have a set list that I work through. Once I have completed this I am assured that the post is ready to be viewed.
There are of course areas that need altering depending on your publishing criteria. However, below is the basic checklist I work through with all my posts.
- Read through the article, a day after writing it.
- Put the article through Hemingway Editor to look for complicated sentence formation. Follow all the advice where possible.
- Put the article through Grammarly to check for grammatical areas. Again use caution with some of the suggestions.
- Spend ten minutes crafting a number of headlines. Run these through CoScheduleto see which scores the best. Change some aspects to score higher if possible.
- Place all this in your blogging application.
- Choose appropriate sub-headings.
- Use appropriate quotes and mark them so. These can be your words or that of others.
- Check you have used appropriate SEO(This is not necessary for Medium)
- Select appropriate tags in line with SEO
- Submit to a publication in Medium if appropriate.
- Hit publish
- Share links to this post on all your social media. Including Facebook groups — Bloggers & Medium Support is my personal group.
- Three days later, share this post again to social media
Different writers will have different processes, however, this is the basic publishing schedule I use.
Thank you for reading — Please support me on Patreon