You have to fake a weak bladder to go to the bathroom and write a killer idea down.
A humourous post today. I stumbled this week across the tiny little book above. It has kept me giggling all week.
Here are my 10 favourite quotes.
You know you’re a writer when…
- You’ll never forgive your parents for your happy childhood.
- There are large containers of writing implements in all your rooms, like bouquets of flowers.
- Something happens to a friend and you’re glad she’s not a writer, so you can use it.
- You keep a notebook under your pillow.
- Sometimes you can no longer see the keyboard through your tears.
- You cheerfully publish secrets that you have not gotten around to sharing with your own partner.
- Writing is the only thing that makes you happy, and you hate writing.
- You took time off to write a novel and found so many ways to avoid the actual writing that now you know how to reglaze a window; cook a perfect French cassoulet; change the car’s oil, belts, hoses, tires, and bulbs; and fix pilot lights.
- Everything you write falls short of what is in your head.
- At parties, you check out the bookshelves the way other people snoop through medicine cabinets.
You Know You’re A Writer When… Adair Lara LINK
As a thank you to all my supporters I am going to send one person, from my email list, a FREE copy at the end of the month. Click here to sign up.